Commercial energy use in the United States encompasses nearly 5 million buildings. Together, they pay a combined total of nearly $107.9 billion dollars annually in energy costs and create 17% of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA). With these facts in mind, business energy management should not be addressed solely as a cost issue or an environmental issue – these two issues are inherently connected.
Vanguard connects the concepts of energy cost management and sustainability for facility managers, their customers and shareholders. We help companies increase profitability through both supply-side and demand-side commercial energy solutions that complement Corporate Social Responsibility efforts and goals, generating positive public perceptions as well as energy savings.
Commercial Real Estate
- Reduce energy costs
- Increase occupancy and/or marketability
- Take advantage of opportunities created by deregulation
- Improve knowledge and control of utility consumption
- Improve financial performance and return on investment
- Reduce energy-related risks
- Replace aging energy assets at no additional cost
- Reduce responsibility for energy facility operation and maintenance
- Increase market value of individual properties